Monday, October 4, 2010

Wrist slitting/emo kids/lubrication

I go to a liberal arts college, so I probably should have seen this coming.


Aside from all the typical things written on bathroom walls, last week I walked into the library bathroom and read this up on the side of the stall:

"I would slit my own wrists just to make sure the gates of heaven wouldn't creak as you walk through."


No one came through with the encouragement that this kid was clearly looking for, but today someone finally came through with a quasi-witty rebuttal:

"Two things I hate: emo kids and creaky gates. This might help solve both problems."


I wanted to be helpful, so I added this to the discussion:

"Studies have shown blood to perform ineffectively as a lubricant in metal joints and hinges."

No comments: