Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Team Robot sucks

If you haven't figured it out yet, those were pictures of Patrick's new Blur TR. Yes, there's more than one robot. Most people saw his new Santa Cruz and were hoping I got dropped by Diamondback, but, somehow, that hasn't happened  yet.

I'm working hard towards that end, though, so when the guys at Diamondback started to come around on the Team Robot thing and started to tell me that they "think it's a good thing" and "how much value Team Robot adds to the DB brand," I stopped posting for the past three weeks. The positive reenforcement was really throwing my whole program off. 

This happened, too:


I tore my ulnar collateral ligament, and like a pussy I had to get surgery to get it reattached. Three more weeks until bikes for me. Inside Pro Tip: surgery drugs are not as awesome as I'd hoped. Big let down.



One of my friends Pete put this comment up on Team Robot a while back, and it got me thinking:

"I just got done watching that new PBS documentary, "Mind of a Rampage Killer".......and when they showed the soliloquy style writings of those guys before they were mass murderers....... I Seriously thought to myself..... That sounds A LOT like Chazz!!
  • Delusional fantasies about power----e.g. "I am a killer robot".
  • Predictions about the End of the World-----e.g. "the robot apocalypse"
  • Hateful feelings toward humanity-----e.g." I have a murderous urge to exterminate all air breathing flesh sacks"
The parallels just go on and on. At first I thought maybe it was just a case of "Juice Rage" but---- maybe you have a serious psychological disorder brotha. Did you call the Boystown National Hotline like I suggested?"


It got me so worried that I started reading up on this stuff. After a little research, here are some of the qualities that are often attributed to sociopaths:

  • Grandiose Sense of Self 
  • Incapacity for Love 
  • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt: A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets
  • Callousness/Lack of Empathy 
  • Incapable of real human attachment to another
Needless to say, the evidence was troubling, and it was stacking up quick. I was getting pretty worried, so I took a free online quiz to test whether or not I fit the profile of a sociopath. Fortunately, the results came back clean, and I'm only 24% sociopath. Phwew:




Totally in the clear.




While I wasn't posting, this happened:





So did this. Thanks Bob Stenson:




That's all for now. Robot, out.

No comments: